Not sure your sales effort can benefit from our professional help?
Take our FREE SALES EVALUATION and decide for yourself.
Questions/Comments/Pleas for Help???
Sales Evaluation Questionnaire - (On scale of 1-10 questions, 10 is the best)
1.a. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your sales team’s overall effectiveness with regard to New Business Development? When answering this question, please disregard your personal feelings towards your group. This
question is solely geared towards their ability to identify new business opportunities and close business. The
response to this question should not be biased by your perception of teamwork or whether the team puts forth
a consistent effort but should rest solely on the results they are achieving. - Ans:________
1.b. Where do you believe they should rank with regard to closing new business? - Ans: _____________
1.c. What would be the difference in realized sales revenue if you could close this gap? - Ans: $_____________
2. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your sales team’s overall attitude? This rating is lower if you’re dealing with a sales team that suffers from the following: Making excuses, placing external blame for their poor performance, complacency, being subservient to the prospect, lack of proactive activity, negatively influencing other sales people, poor day to day sales activities - Ans:________
3. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your sales team's effectiveness with regard to their time spent selling? Time spent selling is not time spent checking e-mail, chasing procrastinators, or writing proposals with little
or no criteria. Time spent selling is actual time selling with new prospects. - Ans:________
4. On a scale of 1-10, how would you rate your sales team’s level of proactive selling activity versus being reactive? Proactive selling means they consistently prospect, follow up and close business without constantly relying
on management for assistance. It also means that they actually take it upon themselves to consistently identify
and close new business without external motivation, new bonus plans or management pushing for an increase
in business. - Ans:________
5. On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales team's overall effectiveness with regard to prospecting?
Prospecting means they are consistently cold calling, working existing clients for referrals or identifying additional
opportunities within your existing client base for additional business. - Ans:________
6. On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales team's overall effectiveness with regard to clearly
differentiating your products or services from that of your competition? Clear differentiation means that
you are not losing substantial business when up against competition, writing a lot of proposals that fail to
close or regularly resorting to price discounting to win the deal. - Ans:________
- Business Owners/CEO’s Only - If there is no sales manager then replace with you.
7. On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales manager's overall effectiveness with regard to actually
increasing sales? Increasing sales refers to your manager's ability to manage, motivate and coach your team
to identify and close new business. Take into consideration how much of your core business and revenue was
inherited by this manager, compared with how much new business he/she has generated. - Ans:________
8. On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales manager's overall effectiveness with regard to changing
mindsets and behaviors in order to prevent comfort zone ineffectiveness? Changing mindsets relates to how much
time is spent going over the same issues with the same people without a sustainable change in behaviors or results. Does your sales manager regularly accept the excuses and negative mindsets they are responsible for changing?
9. On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales manager's effectiveness at hiring sales producers
opposed to the "nice guy" who works 9-5? Hiring refers to how effective your sales manager is at identifying
real producers, reducing turnover and decreasing ramp-up time. - Ans:________
10. On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales manager's effectiveness at implementing performance
standards opposed to allowing a wing it mentality amongst the sales team? Implementing performance standards
relates to whether your sales manager knows on a day-to-day basis what each sales person is doing with their
time, compared to what they should be doing and holding them accountable to these standards.. - Ans:________
11.On a scale of 1-10, where would you rate your sales manager's effectiveness at motivating your team to achieve
consistent behavior and results? Motivating your team relates to how effective your manager is at maintaining high morale and productivity, and the day-to-day behavior that is required to achieve that productivity. - Ans:________
Are You Maximizing The Results of Your Sales Effort? Add up your eleven scale of 1-10 answers and use the Score Board below for your results.
Score Board - Ans:________
99-110. Great Job! Doesn't sound broken so it would probably be best to keep things the way they are. That is unless you foresee circumstances that could negatively impact the business if meaningful changes are not made. If that is the case then the time to prepare for future events is right here and now in the present.
77-88. Not too shabby but what is that 20-30% of ineffectiveness costing you in lost revenues and profits?? Probably more than it would cost you to fix and then it's all gain from there. Sale Away services will not make you perfect but they can help you realize better results than this.
55-66. Okay, now this is shabby. You are most certainly losing more in lost revenues and profits than it would cost you to fix the problems and realize a substantial return on investment. You are extremely vulnerable to competitors who would love to capitalize on your weaknesses. Contact Steve at Sale Away today! 11-44. Beyond shabby and simply unacceptable, especially in today's tough economy. Without a doubt, Sale Away services can help you achieve the results you deserve. First, stick your head out the window and yell your best Network impression, "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not gonna take this anymore!" Then contact Steve at Sale Away! Last Question:If you could close the gap between your current performance and optimal performance, what would that mean to your company?
Increase in Revenue_____ Reduction in management frustration _____
Reduction in Turnover _____
Reduction in Advertising/Marketing Expense_____
Increase in control over corporate direction_____ Enhanced Corporate Image_____
"We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them."